The Upper Allen Township Department of Finance oversees the township’s financial operations.
Together with the Assistant Township Manager, it establishes and maintains a general accounting system for the township government and each of its departments. In doing so, it is responsible for the disbursement of all monies and controls all expenditures to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded.
Additional duties and responsibilities include the following:
· assists Board of Commissioners and the Township Manager with compiling information for preparing the
· provides the Board of Commissioners with monthly statements of all receipts and disbursements
· prepares and reports for the Board of Commissioners
· develops financial policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners
· safeguards the township’s financial interests and investments to the fullest extent manages the township’s debt