The Township is amending some of its ordinances. Select the titles below to view additional information about each amendment.
Chapter 220 Subdivision Land Development Ordinance
Amendments coming soon.
Chapter 245 Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map
DRAFT ZONING ORDINANCE AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENTS
The Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 245) contains land use regulations for land within the Township. It defines legal rights and constraints regarding land use, and regulates size, impervious coverage of lots, density of development, building heights, parking requirements, and sign requirements for each parcel of land. The Zoning Map depicts the number and type of zoning districts, and delineates district boundaries throughout the Township.
Beginning in 2015, Township staff and an ad-hoc committee embarked on an effort to review and update the existing Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. The result of these efforts are the documents listed below. The intent of the proposed amendments is to carry out the objectives and goals from the Township’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan. The amendments are also meant to reflect current lifestyles and community changes, as well as state law and legal/legislative actions.
The Township welcomes your input. The proposed amendments are meant to be a work in progress. Questions and/or comments related to the Draft Ordinance and/or Map may be submitted in writing to Jennifer Boyer, Community Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back to this site often as meeting schedules, forms, revisions, and other documents will be posted here.
Board of Commissioners Meetings and Public Hearing
On September 6, 2017, a brief presentation will be made to the Board of Commissioners about the proposed amendments. No action is expected during this meeting. A public hearing will be scheduled at a later date.
Draft Zoning Map (dated August 2016)
Draft Zoning Map w/ Notations (dated August 2016)
Planning Commission Meetings
The first scheduled public meeting with the Planning Commission took place on October 31, 2016. On June 26, 2017, the Planning Commission unanimously (6-0) recommended approval of the draft Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map amendments. Below is a timeline of the meetings, as well as the draft documents. The June 2017 version of the draft amendments will be forwarded to the Board of Commissioners for their review.
To view draft documents, click on the links below.
- Ch 245 June 2017 Updates Minor amendments made to Articles 2, 3, 5,6, 14,16,17,18 based on further review of language. Text changes are highlighed in YELLOW.
- Ch-245-September-2016-updates (dated September 2016) Minor amendments were made to Articles 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 14, and 17 based on comments from the Cumberland County Planning Commission. Text changes are highlighted in YELLOW.
- Draft Zoning Ordinance (dated August 2016)
- Draft Zoning Map (dated August 2016)
- Draft Zoning Map w/ Notations (dated August 2016)
- June 26, 2017: 6th Planning Commission meeting. Discussion of June amendments and all other amendments to date. Planning Commission recommended approval of the proposed text and map amendments.
- April 24, 2017: 5th Planning Commission meeting. Discussion of amendments and zoning map.
- March 27, 2017: 4th Planning Commission meeting. Continued discussion of Articles 4, 5, 6, 7, and 14.
- Janaury 30, 2017: 3rd Planning Commission meeting. Discussion of Articles 4, 5, 6, 7, and 14.
- November 28, 2016: 2nd Planning Commission meeting. Discussion of Articles 1, 2, 3, and 16.
- October 31, 2016: 1st Planning Commission meeting. Planning Commission presentation. PC Presentation 10-31-16
- September 15, 2016: Cumberland County Planning Commission review.
- January – May 2016: Focus Group met to discuss draft language, provide input, and make suggestions for further review and analysis.
- December 2015: Ad-hoc focus group assembled to provide input and recommendations on the Township’s Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map.
Page Created: 08/31/16 Last Updated: 07/28/17